- Utilizing best practices in environmental education will help us to achieve environmental literacy.
- Education practices should include the environment as an integrating context as well as an emphasis on critical thinking skills.
- The content and methods used in high quality environmental education should be based upon peer-reviewed research in science, education, and psychology.
- It takes the participation of every individual to develop the most environmentally literate society.
- Collaboration maximizes efforts and leads to more effective programs.
- All environmental education should consider the contributions, worldviews, opinions, and perspectives on environmental issues of everyone connected to the content being explored.
- AAEE supports only culturally responsive environmental education.
- AAEE promotes an inclusive organizational culture.
- AAEE supports and facilitates opportunities that promote the continuation of environmental education.
- All activities will be conducted in a manner that minimizes the negative impact on the environment through efficient use of resources.
- All practices should encourage environmental, economic and social responsibility.