Theme: Engaging our Arizona Environmental Education Community
Join us for the annual gathering of Arizona Environmental Educators!
It’s been a long time since we’ve gotten together as a professional network.
We’d like to invite you to our 2017 Professional Development Workshop.
During our 2017 AAEE Professional Development All-Day Workshop, you will learn about:
- how AAEE can support YOU, no matter what type of Environmental Education you are or you provide
- details about our Basic Environmental Education Certification Program
- our status as Affiliate network of the North American Association for Environmental Education, and
- our collective vision for the future.
Come help shape this organization to meet YOUR needs in the field of environmental education!
EARLY BIRD PRICING: Register Before September 2nd to Receive $10 Off!
All ticketing levels include one 2017 AAEE All-Day Workshop Pass.
In addition to entry, we’ve provided you with a total of six different ticketing levels to choose from:
- Workshop Pass + Bring Your Own Lunch + AAEE Annual Student / Retiree Individual Membership
- Workshop Pass + w/ Provided Box Lunch + AAEE Annual Student / Retiree Individual Membership
- Workshop Pass + Bring Your Own Lunch + AAEE Annual Professional Individual Membership
- Workshop Pass + w/ Provided Box Lunch + AAEE Annual Professional Individual Membership
- Workshop Pass + Bring Your Own Lunch + AAEE Lifetime Individual Membership
- Workshop Pass + w/ Provided Box Lunch + AAEE Lifetime Individual Membership
Lunch Options: You are welcome to bring your own lunch if you prefer to not pay for a box lunch, simply select a ticketing level with the BYO Lunch option. Once available, details about our provided box lunch menu options will be sent to you via email, and we will offer options for special dietary needs.
Tickets will be available at full ticket price from until September 2nd – September 14th. Any event registrations processed after September 14th will be charged an additional $10 processing fee.
If you are interested in joining the Boyce Thompson Arboretum as a member, please visit the Boyce Thompson Arboretum membership page for more information.
Earn up to 7 Hours of Professional Development / Continuing Education!
Beat the heat in the beautiful Boyce Thompson Garden while enjoying professional development sessions delivered by Arizona experts in environmental education, curriculum design, interpretation, volunteer management, citizen science and more.
|7:45 am||Welcome to the Boyce Thompson Garden and your new AAEE!|
|8:00 – 10:00 am||Breakout Sessions I|
Including docent and staff-led programs from Boyce Thompson Arboretum
|10:00 – 11:00 am||Annual AAEE and NAAEE Affiliate Update|
Learn about NAAEE’s Guidelines for Excellence in EE and Community Engagement
|11:00 am – noon||Visions from the Field|
Participate in shaping AAEE to meet your needs as Arizona educators
|Noon – 1:00 pm||LUNCH|
|1:00 – 2:00 pm||Breakout Sessions II|
|2:00 – 2:15 pm||BREAK|
|2:15 – 3:00 pm||Breakout Sessions III|
|3:45 – 4:00 pm||CLOSING|
Toward the Future!
Share a Professional Development Opportunity or Presentation with Us!
Want to share your skills and knowledge with colleagues around the great state of Arizona? We invite you to submit a proposal to share your presentation or poster at our 2017 AAEE All-Day Workshop!
We are seeking creative presentations and professional development opportunities about…
- Tips and Tricks from the Field: Curriculum development and applied learning – have any recommended curriculum that you created or found to be very helpful in the work you do.
- Train-the-Trainer Opportunities: Do you offer teacher trainings or other curriculum trainings for educators? Share your opportunities with us or, if time permits, provide the content for educators to obtain their certification credential.
- A Celebration of Success: Share a highlight from your work with your colleagues. Maybe you received a grant to do some fabulous environmental education work in AZ, perhaps you had a super successful program in 2017 that you’d like to tell us about, or maybe you’d like to let us know how you solved a problem. We want to celebrate your success with you!