AAEE Holiday Fundraiser Begins On Nov. 29th!
November 29 kicks off our first annual holiday campaign to raise funds and give thanks to environmental educators working to create informed citizens and engaged communities in Arizona. These frontline educators work across all sectors, and in all landscapes from the Sonoran Desert, to the ponderosa pine forests, to the deep canyons of the north, in schools and in businesses. Their expertise is essential now more than ever to connect people to nature.
Environmental education (EE) helps individuals, communities, and organizations learn more about the environment, and develop skills and understanding about how to address global challenges. It has the power to transform lives and society. It informs and inspires. It influences attitudes. It motivates action. This work critically addresses some of our biggest issues: climate change, loss of biodiversity and water quality. Studies reveal that environmental education increases student engagement in science, improves student achievement in core subject areas, provides critical tools for a 21st century workforce, and helps address "nature deficit disorder”.
Support the work of AAEE by making a tax-deductible donation today!
When you support AAEE on #GivingTuesday you help us:
- Provide career resources such as job listings, workshops, newsletters, and curriculum to environmental educators
- Offer an annual conference where environmental educators can gain access to professional development opportunities
- Award scholarships to educators for EE Certification programs as well as attending conferences and workshops
- Provide a state-wide framework to environmental educators through an Environmental Literacy Plan
- Host networking events throughout Arizona for environmental educators to connect and share best practices in the field
- Provide support and resources to formal K-12 and college educators that incorporate environmental education in the classroom
AAEE was created specifically to champion environmental educators in Arizona, and offer the resources that they need to succeed. Together we can help shape a nature-rich and thriving community.