Environmental Educators Affordability Scholarship
To help ensure broad participation at our Annual Conference, Prescott College is offering a limited number of Affordability Scholarships to professional environmental educators. Affordability scholarships support those with limited resources who may not be able to attend the conference without assistance. These scholarships are intended to help diversify participation in the conference and ensure inclusivity in our community.
Who can apply?
Environmental education professionals, K–12 classroom teachers and administrators, Master Volunteers (Naturalists and Gardeners), college/university faculty working full time in environmental education or a closely related field, and members of under-represented audiences in the field of EE
- If needed, recipients must be willing to volunteer for one two-hour shift during the conference, assisting with such tasks as working at the registration or information desk, acting as a room monitor, or assisting with special events.
What does the scholarship provide?
- $75 off of the registration fee
The deadline for scholarship applications is August 3, 2019. Applicants will be notified by August 8th, in time to register by the early bird deadline of August 15.
To apply for the Prescott College Affordability Scholarship,
- Complete and submit this online application by August 3, 2019.
- Include a resume detailing your EE experience at the end of the form below.
How will the selection be made?
The strongest candidates will demonstrate:
- Strong interest in environmental education
- Financial need
- Commitment to advancing equity and inclusion in environmental education
Special consideration will be given to candidates who:
- Have submitted a proposal for the conference program
- Are from communities of color or are from under-represented audiences in EE
- Registration includes access to plenary sessions, concurrent sessions, the exhibit hall, and meal functions.
- Scholarship recipients are responsible for their travel to the conference, lodging, meals outside of conference functions, and any costs associated with field trips, workshops, guest tickets, and merchandise purchases.
- We cannot consider incomplete applications; please check that you have all requested materials by the August 3 deadline.