AAEE 2021 Conference In-Person Meet-up Tickets
We are offering SEVEN opportunities to meet colleagues in person on Saturdays in September as part of our 2021 Conference! Join us for one of the meet ups hosted by several of our member organizations. Consider making a day of it and planning a picnic or outdoor lunch with colleagues and friends! Come to more than one!
AAEE will donate $1 for each registered person to Terrapass to offset carbon consumption used in driving to each event.
- Member Cost
- Non-Member Cost
Saturday, September 18th:
- Southern AZ/Tucson West – Bobcats in Tucson Citizen Science Project. Join Cheryl Mollohan, Retired AZ Game and Fish Biologist, for an overview of the Bobcats in Tucson Citizen Science Project. Cheryl will provide an overview of the project and her research and you will spend hands-on time in the field with her reviewing the project science protocols designed to better understand the interface between these special felines living in the urban/wildland interface. Meet at 9 am the Cooper Center for Environmental Learning. The program will end at noon. CLICK HERE FOR TICKET LINK!
- Phoenix – iNaturalist BioBlitz. Join AZ Master Naturalist and owner of Educating Children Outdoors for a bioblitz using the iNaturalist Citizen Science Program at McDowell Mountain Regional Park. Not just for kids! Meet at 7am at the Visitor Center of the Park. The program will end at 10 am. CLICK HERE FOR TICKET LINK!
- Prescott – Natural History Storytelling and Video Creation. Join Bob Ellis, Executive Director of the Natural History Institute, and Jessie Rack, the Institute’s Program Director for this hands-on, in-person workshop intended to give participants an opportunity to try their hand at creating a video. Both Bob and Jessie – newbies in the world of video – shot and produced over 75 educational videos during the pandemic. They will share their experience and hard-earned knowledge on the process from storyboarding to uploading the final product. Bring your phone or camera and we will give you an opportunity to tell a story through video using common and basic technology….. Meet at 9 am at the Natural History Institute. There will be a short walk to Granite Creek. The program will end at noon. CLICK HERE FOR TICKET LINK!
- Flagstaff – Hands-on activities and Flagstaff Urban Trail System Hike. Visit the Willow Bend Environmental Education Center and habitat gardens, enjoy hands on activity samplers, and hike the Flagstaff Urban Trail System. Then enjoy a potluck dinner in Willow Bend’s covered ramada. Meet at 4pm at Willow Bend Environmental Education Center. Program will last until ~6 pm. CLICK HERE FOR TICKET LINK!
Saturday, September 25th:
- Phoenix – Behind the scenes at the Phoenix Zoo. Join Leslie Hawkins, AAEE Board Member and Education Supervisor at the Phoenix Zoo, for an exploration and a guided walking tour of the Tropics Trail and fun animal interactions with Zookeepers! This meet-up includes admission to the Zoo for the rest of the day. Meet at 8 am at the entrance to the Phoenix Zoo by the turnstiles. The Zoo’s main entrance is located off of Priest Road/Galvin Parkway. The program will end at 11 am. CLICK HERE FOR TICKET LINK!
Details about each and maps to meet up locations are below. You will receive an email with more information a week before the event – we’d appreciate your patience until that time by holding your detailed questions – our all-volunteer team will send you the full details you need in time for the event. Hopefully there is enough information below to give you a sense of what to expect.
We are committed to following COVID guidelines outlined by Centers for Disease Control for these in person events. Each event will be held in an outdoor space where social distancing will be maintained. Everyone who participates will be required to bring and wear a mask.
Participants must also sign off on our Liability Waiver and COVID Waiver to participate. These waivers will be emailed to you one week prior to the event. You can read a full copy of both of the waivers, here and here. Youth under 18 may participate but only accompanied by a legal guardian or parent.
September 11, 2021
September 18, 2021
- Southern AZ/Tucson West
- Phoenix – iNaturalist BioBlitz
- Prescott – Natural History
- Flagstaff – Hands on and Hike
September 25, 2021