AAEE Excellence in Environmental Education
AAEE would like to honor individuals and organizations that have made a significant impact in environmental education in Arizona.
You are invited to nominate an outstanding environmental education professional for AAEE’s Excellence in Environmental Education Awards. You may also nominate an outstanding environmental education program, business/organization, school, and young professional.
Winners will be honored at the awards banquet as part of the 2019 AAEE Conference held at Prescott College on September 13-14th, 2019.
These awards recognize those who have made a significant impact and contribution to the environmental education field through innovative and inspiring practices.
The nominee should be making an impact in Arizona and known for one or more of the following:
- Dedicated current and long-term service in the field of EE (programs, curriculum, research, publications, legislation, etc.)
- Creating a work environment that incorporates EE (volunteerism by employees, using recycled & environmentally-friendly products, collaboration with and/or funding of EE initiatives)
- Outstanding action, contribution, and leadership supporting EE
- Outstanding service and volunteerism
- Innovative and enthusiastic implementation of EE programs
- Shares ideas, best practices, and techniques with others
- Employs community engagement models and collaborates with the greater EE community
- Outstanding work on programs including practices that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Lifetime Achievement in Environmental Education
- Outstanding Environmental Educator
- Outstanding Environmental Education Program
- Outstanding Business/Organization Committed to EE
- Outstanding School or College Committed to EE
- Outstanding Junior/Young Professional (age 23 and under)
Who can make a nomination?
Nominations are welcomed from coworkers, students, program directors, and community members. Self-nominations are also welcome.
How to nominate someone?
The online nomination form will be posted below when nominations are open. Nominations are due by August 15th of each year.
Awards Selection Process
Nominations must be submitted online no later than Thursday, August 15 2019. The AAEE award selection committee will review and determine awardees, who will be notified by Monday, August 26, 2019. Awards will be presented at the AAEE Conference Award Ceremony on Friday, September 13, 2019.