Get the basics with NAAEE’s Advocacy 101 Webinar
AAEE works in partnership with NAAEE and great folks like you in Arizona to ensure that environmental education (EE) has a voice at the local, state, and national level.
AAEE advocacy is focused on encouraging and supporting legislation, programs, and funding that strengthen environmental education opportunities for Arizonans. AAEE does not advocate for or take positions on specific environmental issues or policies.
AAEE Advocacy efforts include:
- encouraging federal appropriations for environmental education through conversations with our federal legislators,
- keeping environmental education in legislators’ minds by inviting them to our programs and sharing our successes,
- and working toward a statewide strategy for environmental literacy.
There are several ways that you can help:
Join the eePro Advocacy group through the North American Association for Environmental Education. Here you’ll find tools, resources, links to the latest news, and updates on national efforts that need your help.
Join the Environmental Literacy Community of Practice Advocacy Working Group which is working to garner support for an Environmental Literacy Strategy in Arizona.
The Working Group needs your help to:
- Identify influencers locally, statewide, and at a national level
- Work with the AAEE marketing team to create and hone advocacy tools, such as clear descriptions and definitions, 30 second pitches, supportive graphics, etc.
- Engage and interact with key Arizona influencers around Environmental Literacy
- Educate yourself so you are prepared for surprise advocacy opportunities and ‘calls to action’
- Broaden and maintain our state’s scope of advocates for Environmental Literacy
Get to know your local, state, and federal legislators. Invite them to see your EE programs, share your success stories with them, and set up times to talk with them about environmental education issues that impact their constituents. The more we talk about EE the more support we’ll get.
Find contact information for your legislators via these websites:
Already plugged in to advocacy efforts in Arizona and interested in sharing your skills? We can use your help! Contact email@example.com for more information.