AAEE is currently governed by a Working & Governance Board. This means that all Directors are required to actively carry out programmatic work for the organization in addition duties related to organizational governance. In addition, Directors are expected to:
- Serve a three-year term
- Be willing to commit the needed time, typically ~5-10 hours per month
- Attend three quarters of all scheduled meetings and retreats. Monthly meetings are generally held on the first Tuesday of the month at 5:30 pm via conference call.
- Serve in a leadership role for the organization, meaning serve as chair of a committee, project, or grant.
- Actively serve on at least one of our four committees
- Assist with planning and execution of our Professional Development/Conference planning team.