Conferences & Events for Early Childhood Environmental Education
Nature Preschool Conference
Children & Nature Network International Conference
Nature-based Early Learning Conference
Partners in Early Childhood Environmental Education
Curriculum & Training for Early Childhood Environmental Education
Help us advocate for ECEE by sharing these infographics!
Great Books for Getting Started
- Louv, Richard (2008) Last Child in the Woods: Saving our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder
- Hanscom, A. and Louv, R. (2016) Balanced and Barefoot: How Unrestricted Outdoor Play Makes for Strong, Confident, and Capable Children
- Knight, S. (2013) Forest School and Outdoor Learning in the Early Years
- Sobel, David. (1998) Mapmaking with Children: Sense of Place Education for the Elementary Years.
- Sobel, David. (2004) Place-Based Education: Connecting Classrooms and Communities, Second Edition.
- Leslie, Clare Walker. (1999) Into The Field: A Guide to Locally Focused Teaching
- Cobb, E. (1977) The Ecology of Imagination in Childhood.
- Citro, A. (2016) A Little Bit of Dirt: 55+ Science and Art Activities to Reconnect Children with Nature
- Petrash, C and Cook, D. (1992) Earthways: Simple Environmental Activities for Young Children
- Kenny, E. (2013) Forest Kindergartens: The Cedarsong Way
- Selly, Patty Born. (2012) Early Childhood Activities for a Greener Earth
- Sobel, D. and Baille, P. (2015) Nature Pre-schools and Forest Kindergartens: The Handbook for Outdoor Learning
- Larimore, Rachel A. (2011) Establishing a Nature-based Pre-school
- Sobel, David. (2008) Childhood and Nature: Design Principles for Educators
- Sobel, David. (1996) Beyond Ecophobia: Reclaiming the Heart in Nature Education
- Wilson, Ruth. (2012) Nature and Young Children: Encouraging Creative Play and Learning in Natural Environments
- Chalufour, I and Worth, K. (2003) Discovering Nature with Young Children: Part of the Young Scientist Series
- Sampson, Scott. (2016) How to Raise a Wild Child: The Art and Science of Falling in Love with Nature
- Houghton, P and Worroll, J. (2016) Play The Forest School Way: Woodland Games and Crafts for Adventurous Kids
- Constable, Karen. (2015) The Outdoor Classroom in Practice, Ages 3–7: A month-by-month guide to forest school provision
- Honig, Alice. (2015) Experiencing Nature with Young Children: Awakening Delight, Curiosity, and a Sense of Stewardship
- Meier, D. and Sisk-Hilton, S. (2015) Nature Education with Young Children: Integrating Inquiry and Practice
- Wilson, Ruth. (2016) Learning in Bloom: Cultivating Outdoor Explorations
- Pelo, Ann. (2013) The Goodness of Rain: Developing Ecological Literacy in Young Children
- Rosenow, Nancy. (2012) Heart-Centered Teaching Inspired by Nature
- Nelson, Eric. (2012) Cultivating Outdoor Classrooms: Designing and Implementing Child-Centered Learning Environments
- Selly, Patty. (2012) Early Childhood Activities for a Greener Earth
- Banning, Wendy. (2010) Lens on Outdoor Learning
- Cross, Aerial. (2011) Nature Sparks: Connecting Children’s Learning to the Natural World
- Keeler, Rusty. (2016) Seasons of Play: Natural Environments of Wonder
The resources and organizations provided within this website are not comprehensive of the resources and organizations related to environmental education available throughout Arizona.
Resources and organizations are continually being added.