Join as we launch a new statewide Environmental Literacy Community of Practice (ELCoP).
The ELCoP is a convening of practitioners and supporters of environmental education to collectively develop solutions that foster an environmentally literate population in Arizona. Anyone who supports and promotes environmental education and people’s connection to nature is invited and encouraged to contribute experience, knowledge, and/or resources toward concrete solutions that are developed collaboratively. Any work that creates positive connections between people and their natural environment makes a relevant contribution to environmental literacy and has an important voice.
Join us to learn more about how to be involved and to help us prioritize the focus of the ELCoP over the next two to three years.
A light breakfast and snacks will be provided. Please plan to bring a lunch for yourself.
- Welcome, Icebreaker
- Introduction to AAEE
- History of environmental literacy in Arizona and why we need a Community of Practice
- Vision for the Community of Practice
- Overview of findings from the 2018 Arizona EE Survey
- Exercises to prioritize the work of the Community of Practice
- Next steps and how to be involved
- Optional EE activity South Mountain Environmental Education Center staff