Website McDowell Sonoran Conservancy
Science is in our nature.
Coordinate and support education programs at the McDowell Sonoran Conservancy to advance our mission and engage the community in our work. The focus for this role will primarily be K-12 education but they will also support all aspects of education encompassing youth, stewards (volunteers), adult and multi-generational.
- Support the Education Manager in the development and implementation of youth curriculum
- Manage our annual flagship youth education event – Expedition Days – including logistics, training, volunteer coordination, etc. Lead annual review and editing of materials based on feedback received
- Deliver K-12 programs alongside teachers
- Train teachers to deliver our materials
- Facilitate formal and informal education programs in collaboration with staff and stewards such as trailside stations, workshops, lectures, field trips, field studies, and online learning
- Coordinate logistics for education programs, including
- scheduling course offerings
- recruiting and training volunteers
- maintaining online offerings
- obtaining permits from the City of Scottsdale
- preparing and tracking supplies / giveaways
- tracking sign-up
- tracking attendance
- Work with stewards and staff to develop professional-level presentations and interactive educational exhibits and / or activities
- Collaborate with external partners to maintain and strengthen organizational relationships
- Conduct evaluation of education programs and support data-driven recommendations for improvements and enhancements
- Build steward group to assist with education events including technology support
- Support the Education Manager with the development of teacher professional development workshops. Lead some workshops
Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in educational field.
- 2 or more years of experience in education.
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience in related/applicable areas.
- Ability to plan, schedule, provide structure, set expectations, and follow-up on results
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, able to multitask, be organized, fast, efficient, skilled at prioritizing and meeting deadlines and excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to keep a positive outlook under pressure.
- Ability to interact well with a wide variety of people, including volunteers, teachers, students
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently; knowing when to seek assistance
- Must be able to pass a standard background check
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis
Preferred skills and experience
- Classroom experience
- Combined education and science experience
Like all of our staff members, this role is expected to contribute to a culture based upon respect, teamwork and collaboration. Adaptability, creativity, and a passion for the environment and the Conservancy are a must.
Work is performed in an office setting as well as outdoors. Some local travel to meetings is required.
Instructions – How to Apply
A complete application contains the following items:
- A cover letter, not to exceed one page.
- A comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae.
Items should be saved together in one PDF (.pdf) or Word document (.doc or .docx), and saved with a file name in the following format:
LastnameSEDApplication.pdf or LastnameSEDApplication.doc or LastnameSEDApplication.docx
Complete applications should be attached to an email message and sent to email@example.com. Applications will not be accepted through any other means.
Application Submission Deadline: Open Until Filled
The McDowell Sonoran Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The McDowell Sonoran Conservancy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org