Last Updated: January 3, 2018
Personal Information Collection and Use
Information You Provide Directly to AAEE
If you are interested in obtaining information, products, or services from AAEE you may need to provide us or our third party service providers with information about yourself.
For example, you might provide AAEE with personal information on our website in the following ways:
- When you opt-in for our e-newsletters.
- When you send us an email inquiry.
- When you submit a comment on a blog post.
- When you submit any form.
- When you submit a job listing.
- When you submit photographs, video, or other user submitted content for inclusion within our resource section.
- When you indicate your interest in supporting or volunteering for AAEE.
- When you provide personal information (name, address, email address, telephone number, and payment information) to make an online payment or donation to AAEE. All e-commerce transaction data is secured and maintained by PayPal, but AAEE has access to your information in connection with your payment or donation.
We may on some occasions use information we collect to inform you of upcoming publications or other marketing material that would serve your interest. We do not sell or share this information with individuals or organizations outside AAEE for any purpose, including marketing or promotional purposes.
Information We May Collect Automatically
In addition to information you choose to provide to us, AAEE and our third party service providers also use standard technologies to automatically collect certain additional information.
- IP Address and Other Identifiers. When you access and interact with our Services, National Geographic and our service providers may collect information about your visits in order to permit you to connect to and obtain the Services and to understand the frequency with which specific visitors visit various parts of our Services. For example, we may collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which identifies the computer or service provider that you use to access the Services, or information about your browser type, authentication identifiers, and other software and hardware information. If you access the Services through a mobile or other device we may collect your mobile device identifier, geolocation data (including your precise location), or other transactional information for that device. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected to make our Services and our communications to you more targeted to your interests.
- Web beacons and other tracking technologies. The Services may use other tracking tools, including so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “web bugs,” “clear GIFs,”etc. (collectively “Web Beacons”) to collect user activity information about your activities on the Services. These are small electronic images embedded in web content (including online ads) and email messages and are ordinarily not visible to users. Like cookies, Web Beacons enable us to track pages and content (including ads) accessed and viewed by users. Also, when we send HTML-formatted (as opposed to plain text) emails to you, Web Beacons may be embedded in such emails to allow us to monitor readership levels so that we can identify aggregate trends and individual usage to provide our audiences with more relevant content or offers. Web Beacons in emails may recognize activities such as when an email was opened, how many times an email was forwarded, which links in the email were clicked on, etc. Web Beacons cannot be declined when delivered via a regular web page. However, Web Beacons can be refused when delivered via email. If you do not wish to receive Web Beacons via email, you will need to disable HTML images or refuse HTML (select Text only) emails via your email software.
Your Consent and Right to “Opt Out”
You have the right to “opt-out” of certain uses of your Personal Information.
For example, at the time you are requested to provide personal information on this website and/or through our services, you may have the opportunity to elect to, or not to: (1) receive promotional correspondence from the Arizona Association for Environmental Education (AAEE) or (2) have your personal information shared with other companies or individuals.
You may also make an opt-out request by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In this email please identify which AAEE communication channel or service you are referring to (or all of them) and say whether (i) you would like to opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence (including, for example, email offers) in general, or just via email, postal mail, short message service (SMS), instant messaging and/or by phone, (ii) you would like to opt-out of certain of AAEE e-newsletters or correspondence, and if so which ones, and/or (iii) you would like to opt-out of having your personal information shared with other companies or individuals. You may also opt-out of AAEE emails by clicking on an opt-out or unsubscribe link within the footer of any email promotional correspondence you receive from AAEE.
Please understand that if you opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from AAEE, we may still contact you in connection with your account with us or to provide you with important information about AAEE, this website, or our services. Also, a request to have us stop sharing your personal information with other companies or individuals will only apply as of the date of the request, and AAEE will not be responsible for any communications that you may receive from companies or individuals that received your personal information prior to such request. In these cases, please contact that company or individual directly.
Google Analytics & Demographics Information Collection
We are committed to ensuring that our website contains content that is valuable and useful to our visitors. To assist us, we have implemented Google Analytics with demographics and interest reporting features on our website. These website analytics tools allow us to review anonymous user data regarding the gender, age, and interests of website visitors in an effort to help us adapt our website content to better reflect user needs. Although this information is collected through your Google ad settings, this personal data is anonymized, and is not provided to us in a personally-identifiable format—meaning we cannot identify what anonymous user data or information is specifically about you.
Retargeting or Remarketing Online Advertising
From time to time, we use “Retargeting” or “Remarketing Online Advertising”, in other words some ads received on web pages are customized based on your interests gathered from your online visits over time and across different websites. This type of ad customization or personalization, which is sometimes referred to as “online behavioral” or “interest-based advertising”, is enabled through your computer browser and browser cookies.
Security of Information
Third Party Service Providers
Whenever AAEE permits an external third party to access personally-identifiable information, appropriate procedures are followed to help ensure that the information is used only for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with the choices AAEE website visitors have made, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained.
Please refer to the following Privacy Policies for further information on how information is handled through third party services used by AAEE:
- Constant Contact: http://search.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-statement#security (link is external)
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US&viewType=popup (link is external)
- Zapier: https://zapier.com/privacy/ (link is external)
Links to Other Websites
Children’s Privacy: Collection of Information Concerning Children Under 13
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) governs how information is gathered online and how it is used when communication is received from children under the age of 13. Although AAEE is a non-commercial, nonprofit organization and is not subject to the COPPA, we take children’s privacy and safety very seriously.
While some sections of this website may be of interest to children under the age of 13, we do not request, seek, or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Privacy of AAEE Donors and Members
AAEE donors and members are appreciated supporters of our work. We respect their privacy and that of their information. AAEE will not share or sell a donor or member’s personal information, whether submitted online or by other means, with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations without the donor or member’s permission. Logos and other information about corporate, nonprofit organization or foundation affiliated donors or members are only displayed or promoted with permission of a qualified representative.